We, DESIGNWORKS Foundation, is the organiser of this exhibition and we take individual privacy seriously. This Statement outlines the information DESIGNWORKS Foundation collects and how we may use that information.
We respect your privacy and we will use our reasonable endeavour:
1. Information collection
- to implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to reasonably protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data we collect;
- to limit the personal data collected to the minimum required to provide better service;
- to permit only properly trained, authorized employees to access personal data;
- not to disclose your personal data to external parties unless: a) you have agreed b) we are required by law or any lawful request of any enforcement agencies or c) we have previously informed you.
In order to provide better service to you and to fulfill the purposes set out in this Statement, we may collect certain information when you register with us, use our service, attend our exhibition and functions, or communicate with us. In the process, we may also collect personal information of individual contact persons of companies or their employees. As stated in the registration form, some of the requested information is mandatory and some you may provide voluntarily. If specific mandatory information is requested but not supplied, we may be unable to provide the requested service. We only retain personal data for as long as it is necessary for fulfilling the purposes set out in this Statement.
2. Use of information
The purposes for which information may be used by us include:
3. Disclosure / Transfer of Data
- processing applications for exhibiting at or visiting our exhibitions
- facilitating and enhancing our operations by incorporating the personal data into our database and conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data
- promoting and notifying you of our events or exhibitions in Hong Kong and around the world, and events or exhibitions organised by our affiliates or joint venture partners
- distributing publications and research materials of DESIGNWORKS Foundation or our affiliates or joint venture partners
- marketing our services or products or services or products of our affiliates or joint venture partners
- if necessary, facilitating legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts
We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide or transfer the personal data to:
- our agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, and service providers in connection with our operations or services for facilitating and enhancing our operations and conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data
- our overseas offices, affiliates, joint venture partners, which are also exhibition organisers, for the purpose of conducting direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to our exhibition in Hong Kong.
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Hong Kong
In general, your Personal Data is kept confidential and we have security measures in place to protect our database and access to this is restricted internally. Our website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
8. Transfer of Data Overseas
We will generally hold your data on our servers in Hong Kong.
9. Your consent and rights
Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, individuals have the right:
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data
- to require us to correct inaccurate data
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us.